[bt-devel] InstallMgr replacement - was Idea for BT 1.1 or beyond

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 22:30:59 +0200

> > >from it. I'm sure Troy would be happy if we took over the development of
> > > this app.

Troy, could you please give some comments on the below:

> Gtk is crap :)
> I never looked at it, it's plain C and I don't like it ;)

Well, the InstallMgr (sword/apps/X11/InstallMgr) is C++ and glade-based (like
QT designer) created. I have becom careful with saying something is bad
without having looked at it. ;) Maybe it's not that bad?

> My opinion is to integrate it into BibleTime. IMHO it's not too much work,
> because FTP and HTTP classes are already in the kdelibs.

You may be right here, but this would surely mean a duplication of efforts.
If we still want to make a kde version it should be
-a separate app
-available as a static version so that all unix users could use it. It could
then eventually replace InstallMgr for unix.

Martin