[bt-devel] Fwd: bibletime

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 19:05:30 +0200

> Just tell me were to put them? The only reason I've been puting them there
> already is because there have been bug fixes and they actually work better
> than the beta.

I created a release "development snapshots" in the "bibletime for kde2"
package. The development versions should go there. Users who are not willing
to take the disadvantages of the development versions can use the main
releases. That's why they should be separated.

Btw, should we provide sword rpm's? If somebody can use a sword rpm on his
computer (dependent on the architecture) he can also use the bibletime rpm
which has sword compiled in statically.
IMO we should only provide bibletime rpms, and source packages (and source
rpms) of bibletime and sword for those who need to build themselves. That may
result in less confusion for not so experienced users.
Or am I wrong here?

Martin