[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 19:37:07 -0400

Hi folks:

I've just had a fun time setting up my development platform.  I have
a PII-266 w/64MB that had redhat 7.0 installed that I've dedicated
to the task.  I've updated KDE and QT to the necessary levels, retrieved
the current source via CVS and I think did the necessary configuration
steps.

Everything appears to work until 'make install', and this ends in
error stating 'cannot create regular file
`/usr/lib/kde2/share/config/bt-printing`: no such file or directory.

Since the 'config' directory was missing, I added it and reran make install
and everything finished ok.

My concern is that I've probably misconfigured my environment and this
config file should have been installed somewhere else.  Is this true?
When I run BibleTime, it runs but doesn't find any of the
resource files such as help text or tips.  Also, if I try to select
a bible text or commentary, things pretty well freeze up.

Kind regards... Tim

BTW, I've made my profile public to introduce myself somewhat.  I'm looking
forward to meeting you all over the next while.