[bt-devel] recommendation

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 18:43:51 +0200

Am Mittwoch,  9. Mai 2001 03:58 schrieben Sie:
> Does this program take care of the way source forge impliments the use of
> CVS_RSH=ssh which results in the requirement to enter the password after
> every command?  I know there is a way to get around this posted on
> sourceforge, but I have not wanted to try it as it looks like it would try
> to use this password on any cvs site.

I think there is no security risk. You just upload your public key (which
must not be password protected!) to sourceforge.
If you then connect to cvs it will establish a ssh connection using your
private key. The whole transaction is secure imo.
Once you have the password-free login enabled, you can start using cervisia.
For you it is definitely worth the effort! You will save a lot of time later!
This applies for everybody who is in the development and changing files in
cvs. It is also especially useful when adding/removing files and verifying
which files actually are in cvs.

Martin