[bt-devel] compile qt static

Brook Humphrey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 02 May 2001 15:53:52 -0700

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi Brook!
>
> This looks like a missing X11 library. Try to add -lXext and -lLX11 to the
> linker line (try to edit the makefile).
>
> Was it really possible to compile KDE as static lib? I never got it working.

Yes mandrake 8.0 comes with the kde and qt static libs as packages.
the only thing I had to do was move on of the kde dynamic libs out of
the way, in my case it was libkfile.so, then I edited the makefile in
the bibletime directory and added -static before -lkfile and the next
time I compiled it all the kde libs compiled in static.

I already know that -lXext is already linked in but not sure about the
other one.

I'll be gone for about 3 1/2 days for some biblestudy and to get out of
my shop. Like you say to many hours on front of my computer so I won't
be able to try this again till i get back. I'll let you know how it goes.