[bt-devel] compile BibleTime

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:53:07 +0100

Am Freitag,  9. März 2001 00:13 schrieben Sie:
> Thanks!
>
> At the moment it compiles(for over 30minutes now:)

> Phuu, segfaults! But this should be a sword (installation) problem. I
> updated cvs source of sword today and installed it as well as some modules
> from the 2000 CD. bibletime segfaults, cheatah segfaults and mgrtest (in
> sword/test) outputs this:

After compiling sword with debug info ot works! Very strange. Make it not
very easy to track the problem down. But I guess it's something with
initialized variables or so. When compiling with -O gcc optimizes the way
that it removes not explicitely declared initialization of variables. That is
sometimes resulting in strange segfaults (experience with a project at work).

Now also bibletime starts- seems it has grown a lot.
But a make install does not install the icons for the Toolbar- at least they
are not shown.