[bt-devel] Fwd: RE: THML DESIGN QUESTION

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:57:12 +0100

I'll add a note about the lang= attribute in the scripRef
description, and maybe elsewhere if I see any appropriate
spot.

The ThML element names are in English, of course, but apart
from that I don't see how it favors English -- it's up to
your processing software whether you assume that the
language of an item is English when the language isn't
specified.

When I mark up a document, I do try to specify the language
of the document in the ThML.head section.  If a section
is in another language, that should be specified as
well. When you get to the level of a scripRef element,
perhaps the logical thing to do would be to assume
that the reference is in the language of the document (or
of the current section), if not specified.

I'll be happy to help in any way that I can; I'd love to
see a widget that would allow you to display and edit ThML.

Blessings,

Harry