[bt-devel] Bibletime compile problem

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 03 Mar 2001 22:36:12 -0500

Joachim

Thanks for solving the problem with the bibletime compile problem.  The
compile completes now with no fatal errors.

I am still having a problem with sword.  I updated the sword CVS today
along with bibletime-2.  First I deleted the existing sword library, and
then compiled sword, and then bibletime.
I had some trouble when I ran bibletime, it could not find libsword.so
It seems that libsword.so is not in the new sword directory.

I found a copy in one of my archived files, and linked to it in
/etc/ld.so.conf

the result is still a crash:

[fks00@localhost fks00]$ su
Password:
[root@localhost fks00]# ldconfig
[root@localhost fks00]# bibletime
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = bibletime path = <unknown>
[root@localhost fks00]#

When linux tries to load bibletime, the sword logo displays, then the
kde crash handler displays.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach