[bt-devel] Run Into A Problem With Bibletime

Luke Mauldin bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:04:46 -0500

Hello, I have been trying to modify Bibletime so that the changes to the
up/down arrow direction occur without the user having to open up a new
module.  To do this I have added a changeOrder() public slot to
CKeyChooserWidget and I am trying to connect a clicked signal from
scrollCheckBox in COptionsDialog.cpp in the function
COptionsDialog::initGeneralPage().  I want to connect a from the
scrollCheckBox clicked signal to the changeOrder slot in CKeyChooserWidget.
However I am having a major problem doing that.  I have tried doing...
QObject::connect(scrollCheckBox, SIGNAL(clicked()), CBibleKeyChooser::w_book,
SLOT(changeOrder())) because I made w_book public in CBibleKeyChooser but it
gives me an error saying
coptionsdialog.cpp:226: cannot convert a pointer of type `COptionsDialog' to a
   pointer of type `CBibleKeyChooser'
I think what I am trying to do should be possible(connect from scrollCheckBox
in COptionsDialog.cpp to changeOrder in CKeyChooserWedget) but I cannot find
a way to make it work.  If someone would please help me out or give me a few
pointers I would be very greatful.
P.S.  I am trying to learn about QT/KDE by programming on Bibletime and I
have learned alot, however, I still have a long way to go  :)

Luke