[bt-devel] Press Release Draft 1

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:57:51 +0200

Just quick comments:

> Bibletime 1.0 Stable Version Release.
>
> Bibletime is the first KDE2 / qt2 application available for computers
> running Linux that do not have KDE2 / qt2 installed.

Do not include info on the static version here.
a) we don't yet surely know if it is 100% working
b) I want to use it for PR separately

> Bibletime is the first Bible study tool specifically written for the K
> Desktop Environment (KDE).  It contains most of the features that are
> available in commercial Bible study software available for the MS Windows
> environment.
>
> Bible Texts, Commentaries, Lexicons and Thesauruses for Bibletime are
> available
>
> >from Crosswire Bible Society (http://www.crosswire.org) at no change.  The
> > range

I think we don't have thesauruses available yet. I'd like to have, but...

> of texts available is larger than most commercial Bible study tools,
> currently numbering over 190.  These include classics like Luther's
> original German translation, John Wesley's commentary (English), and Bible
> translations into a number of languages (including Dutch, German, English,
> Spanish, Thai, Chinese, and a number of others).
>
> Bibletime 1.0 provides the following features:
> Display of documents coded in Theological Markup Language (ThML) and
> General Bible Format (GBF)
> Full text Boolean search using "Regular Expression"
> Open any number of texts at the same time.
> Parallel display of texts
> Unicode / ThML support allows display of texts that have different
> alphabets and different text directions (left to right or right to left) at
> the same time. For example Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.
> Support for the creation of a personal commentary is provided also.
> Select display font and color.
> Display / hide Strong's numbers.
> Display / hide footnotes.
> Print to printer
> Print to postscript file
> Copy to text file
> Copy to HTML file

Only list main features like enhanced display, printing etc. otherwise it
will be too much.

> Bibletime is available as Unix / Linux source code, precompiled binary
> packages for KDE2 / qt2 Linux systems, and precompiled binaries for non-KDE
> / qt2 Linux systems.  Sorry we don't support MS Windows yet.

skip the last sentence.

> The Bibletime application can be downloaded from
> http://sourceforge.net/bibletime or
> http://www.bibletime.de
>
> *The Bibletime team*

thank you so much!