[bt-devel] Current status of static build

Brook Humphrey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:01:57 -0700

On Monday 18 June 2001 01:28 am, you wrote:
> This should be fixed now.
> Is it possible for you to create the wrapper script around the statically
> linked BibleTime automatically or include it in the RPM?
> The script should look like:
>
> export BT_PATH=/usr/bibletime/ # install location of the BibleTime
> directory export KDEDIRS=$BT_PATH
> $BT_PATH/bin/bibletime

Yes I already made a scripts that renames bibletime to bibletme and then
makes a shell script called bibletime that will launch bibletme. I was
wondering about the syntax of such a script mine is much more simple I will
impliment yours.

Right now bibletime is in simply /usr. This is normal at least for mandrake
and redhat. Under user /bin holder the binary, /libs holds libraries, etc.

> I'm not sure howto pass all commandline-options of the script to the
> BibleTime executable. Do you know how?

Yes the spec file creates a shell script in the name of bibletime that passes
all this info to the enviroment and then exicutes the actual binary of
bibletime.