[bt-devel] small bug report

Chris Little bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:40:57 -0700

I'm sorry to bring up another issue so late in the game.  Barry Drake
wrote me a message today about the JB Philips translation.  Since it has
blocks of text corresponding to multiple verses, he was using the
linking mechanism to place text in the first verse in a block and link
the other verses to that text.  When he took the result into BibleTime,
he got a repeated verses printed for each of the links.  I tried
grabbing an entire chapter of the MHC, which also uses verse linking,
with Diatheke and it doesn't repeat verses. (See
http://bible.gotjesus.org/cgi-bin/diatheke.pl?search=&verse=gen+1&MHC=on
.) I imagine BibleTime is incrementing the verse number rather than the
versekey or something similar, so it may be easy to do a quick fix.

The NCV, which I should be posting later today, also has a few combined
verses.

--Chris