[bt-devel] text to speech

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:51:08 +0200

Hi!

> there is an interesting feature request for text-to-speech support.
> Does anyone of you know about this topic? Are there good free
> systems we could integrate?

I tested some examples from the package he mentioned. It's really good
quality.
But this should not be integrated into the main program, because only few
people need it although it's very interesting and useful.

Maybe we should think about a plugin structure like in KDevelop 3.0 (aka
Gideon)? Does somebody have knowledge with plugins?

> Joachim, could you please ask on the qt list how the status of the
> IBM viavoice intagration is, and if it will be GPL or commercial?

Isn't Viavoice for Speech recognition only?

> Please also tell us the current status of 1.0, and when you expect
> to release it.

1.0 should be expected in the few days or weeks. I don't want to give an
exact date, because I cannot estimate how much time I need.

I think I fixed all bugs which were not related to messages.

Joachim