[bt-devel] Bootable demo disk

fred bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:59:23 -0400

Some time ago a question was asked about how to build a demo disk for
bibletime /  sword.
I posted the question to my local users group, and received answers that
indicate that most of the work is already done.  With KDE and QT2
compiled into the code, it might be that all we need is the boot loader,
kernel, window manager, the sword/qt/kde program and the modules.  If
this was added to the sword disk, you would have a bibletime demo disk
that would run on any intel PC that had enough RAM to load the programs.

If there was a DOS sword presenter you could also do a bootable demo
disk that way, but you cant do it with windows as there is no way to run
windows from a read only drive.

I do not think that I am ready to try packaging something like this yet,
I don't have the hardware to burn CD's so I don't think I could test it.

Fred Saalbach

Here are the responses I received.