[bt-devel] Re: [Task #32187] reorganize docs

fred bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:55:05 -0400

mg.pub@gmx.net wrote:

> > Yes  I was thinking about reorganizing the installation instructions.  If
> > installation of qt, kde and sword are covered properly in their install
> > files,  we might not need  such detailed instructions in our general
> > installation instructions.
>
> Yes! That's very right. People will only need this info if they compile
> themselves anyway... KDE/QT are normally covered by the distros
> making the install very simple too. If they compile KDE/QT they can
> use their INSTALL instructions.
> Using the BT rpm is much more simple.
>
> I see you refer to the INSTALL file. Is this where you want the
> installation instructions to go to?

No however it seems that most linux software has a file INSTALL in the top level of the zipped up source.  it would be ok if all this file has is
an instruction to see the handbook.  This would be for somone that has not looked at bibletime and is trying to use the sources.  Can we assume
that the RPM's will eventually fix things like the pointer to libsword.so and the etc/sword.conf files?  These actually would belong in the sword
RPM, unless a combined sword/bibletime rpm is created.

This question about what will be in the RPM's still seems like an open question, which will not be solved untill Brook figures out what works.  I
think is is possible to take two source rpm's and run RPM on them to produce a combined rpm which contains both.  This is not the same as
compiling in kde and so on.

Fred