[bt-devel] Profile management

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:43:30 +0200

Hi  Martin!

Glad you are still alive :)

> > Now the question:
> > Should profile management be integratet into the optionsdialog?
> > Or should the profile management dependant menu item be put into the
> > Window
> > or settings menu? This would be similair to Konquerors solution.
>
> What exactly do you want to create? What should the profiles be / do?
> I think having it in the optionsdialog would be a consistent thing.

Profiles should save the state of the working area (it's already a task for
1.1 on SF). All window settings etc are saved so they could be restored later.

The settings are saved in XML files. I implemented the
But I still have to implement profile management in the optionsdialog.

The window menu will contain the required options to load a profile and to
save the current state into a profile.
Today I rearranged the options in the optionsdialog so they are now more
consistent.

Joachim