[bt-devel] KDE/Qt requirement

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:16:39 +0200

Hi!

> I thought I remembered a while ago that you guys were planning to make
> BibleTime no longer require KDE, just Qt.  Am I mistaken?  Were those
> plans given up?  Would that be impossible?

This idea came up while thinking about a Windows port.
I would not say it's impossible, but we would need many many days to make the
port.
We gave up the idea because we had not the money for this (the free windows
version wasn't up at this time and Mac wasn't out, too).
But I'd vote against it, our target plattform is Unix. But we should port to
BSD etc.

If KDE 2.x gets ported, we're fine with it, too. This would be cool!
If it gets not ported we're fine, too.

> The reason I ask is because it looks like a BibleTime could be compiled
> and run on a couple of other operating systems that don't have KDE, but
> do have Qt.  In particular I'm thinking of Mac OS X and Windows, though
> licensing issues might be another hurdle.

Joachim