[bt-devel] Improved configure

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:54:29 +0200

Hi!

> > Maybe I should add a commandline option for configure to
> > override the settings if the distribution, version or prefix is
> > unknown.
> > Do we need these options?
>
> Yes, an override should be there.

> My prefix is, for example, /usr/src/kde at home at /usr/local/kde at
> work.

If you install without using RPM your commands would be similair to:
	./configure --prefix=/usr/src/kde
for your home system.
If you prefer RPM apckages the commands to create the right RPM would be:
	./configure --with-rpm-prefix=/uisr/src/kde
bibletime.spec is the RPM SPEC file which contains the right values for your
system.

The new options to set valöues in the SPEC file are:
	--with-distribution=STRING
	--with-distribution-version=STRING
	--with-rpm-prefix=STRING
	--with-rpm-group=STRING
They should only be used if you want to create a SPEC file for an up to this
point by our configure script unsupported Linux distribution (e.g. TurboLinux
or Caldera).
For known distributions the values are set automatically. The current known
systems are SuSE, Red Hat, Mandrake and partially Debian.

Joachim