[bt-devel] SPEC file question

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:38:19 +0200

Hi Brook!

> Yes I ran into this same problem. It's not allowed in the files section
> either, or the description. The only way I've found is to make a define
> at the top so people will still have to set a few things but by putting
> the defines at the top they don't have to go hunting for the things thay
> need to change.

Another way is to let configure do the difficult things like finding out
which distribution is used or which prefix should be used. This shouldn't be
difficult with it. Then these values are set while processing
bibletime.spec.in which is processed anyway.
Is this ok?
If it's, I'll do the configure stuff.

> Fortuantly mandrake has many macros for the system which define all
> these types of variables. If I leave them out they are already defined.
> But I use the macros provided because some programs compile to funny
> places. I'm not sure but maybe they were only programed on debian or
> something.

Joachim