[bt-devel] 1.1 issues

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:11:21 +0200 (MEST)

This is a MIME encapsulated multipart message -
please use a MIME-compliant e-mail program to open it.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format -
bitte verwenden Sie zum Lesen ein MIME-konformes Mailprogramm.

--========GMXBoundary3076994234281

Yesterday I played around with the new cool unicode
modules by Chris. I downloaded and installed code2000.

Before starting BT, X consumed 23MB.
Then I started BT, set the displayer font to code2000,
and opened just a normal english module.
Then X was blocking for quite a while (apparently loading
code2000), very annouing. Then BT consumed 19MB and X
consumed around 86MB!!! This is too much and too slow for me ;(
After closing BT, things were back normal again.

Is this an X or QT related problem? Will QT3 bring speedups in
this area? Or should I use another font? Any help appreciated...

A task for volunteers:
We need somebody to profile BT and discover cpu consuming bugs /
inefficient code. It's easy:
1) do make clean; configure --enable-profile --enable-debug; make
2)run BT and just USE it. This is a good time to find bugs and make
  feature requests.
3)while running, BT will create the file gmon.out in the working dir.
  Use KProf to analyse it.

Somebody want to take up this task?

Martin

http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
--========GMXBoundary3076994234281
"

--========GMXBoundary3076994234281--