[bt-devel] Compile problem

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:25:14 -0500

Problem - Compile of CVS version of bible time fails.

I start with Mandrake 7.2
No sources are installed only RPM's, I tried compiling this way without
success, so I follow directions.

I downloaded qt-2.2.2 and kdelibs-2.0 and unpacked them.  Following the
directions in the CVS I moved them in to /usr and compiled them.  The
results indicate that this worked.

the file tree looks like this

/usr/lib/qt-2.2.2
/ust/local/kde2/kdelibs-2.0
/use/src/bibletime-2

where bibletime-2 is the full set of CVS files.

There was already a qt and a qt2 folder, but I found some files who's
name included the word bata, so I figured that the qt2.2.2 would be a
better place to start.

The session looked like this.  I will cut out most of the center of the
session, I think it is unrelated to the problem.
The session was run as root so that permission problems should not be an
issue.

**************

[root@localhost /]# cd  /usr/src/bibletime-2
[root@localhost bibletime-2]# export QTDIR=/ust/lib/qt-2.2.2
[root@localhost bibletime-2]# KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde2
[root@localhost bibletime-2]# ./configure
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
.
.
.
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
[root@localhost bibletime-2]#

Config.log was no help.
I think that this indicates that I have forgotten to tell the system
where qt-2.2.2 is and that the BT compile is only finding qt2.0.  How do
I fix this?

Best regards
Fred Saalbach