[bt-devel] Dockbook - making the handbook in chunks

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:30:18 +0100

Hi!

Thank you Fred!
I really like your work!

> > I was attempting to convert some of the pages on the bibletime website
> and stumbled across an interesting way to separate the document into
> physical chunks.  The three files attached can be placed into one
> directory and then run "kdb2html book.dockbook".  The attachments should
> run without errors.

This great!
Every author of the handbook can do a specific part and later they can all be
combined!
Feel free to integrate the information of the homepage into the handbook, you
can also get the information there and write it down in a better english.

Jeff, do you want to help?
Are here other volunteers for the handbook of version 1.0?

> The other files can not be run without a file containing the headers and
> file pointers that are included in book.dockbook.  These must be left
> out of the other files.  If you wanted to compile only the portion in
> one of the files a book.dockbook file could be created that only points
> to the desired file.
>
> This would enable work on any portion of the handbook to be done without
> disturbing concurrent work on other sections.
>
> Fred Saalbach

Thank you again, Fred!
I'll create your CVS account today (Espen, I'll change your password today,
too. I'm very sorry for the delay.)

--Joachim

BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.