[bt-devel] make question

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:21:03 +0100

Hi Martin!

> How can I enable profiling and debugging?
> Passing arguments to configure does not seem to work, they are overwritten
> in configure. Am I right, and how can this be fixed?

Yes, you are right, that the CXXFLAGS and CPPFLAGS are overidden in
configure.in.
I made it in this way because I had to enable exceptions and the rtti part.
But since this increases code size very much I disable it globally and enable
it for the libs which use them (swordbackend and presenters).

> (I'd also like to turn these annoying strict-compiling messages off)

Remove -Wall from CPPFLAGS or CXXFLAGS.

> Martin

Thank you for this info Martin!

Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.