[bt-devel] optimizing

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:28:02 +0100

Hi!

> Hey Joachim,
> 	Do you have a new bibletimebase.tar.gz for me?  This file is at the
> base of the iso image (pub/sword/iso/latest) and contains auxilliary
> files needed by bibletime.  Try downloading it, then untarring it in a
> tmp directory and see what it extracts.  The date is JUNE so I thought
> it was quite old.  This is for the linux installer.  It will untar this
> file when bibletime is selected and then grab its binary from from
> bin/x86/, so be sure this file (dated FEB 12, 2000) is the latest, also.

The file bibletimebase contains a statically linked version of BibleTime 0.24
or 0.25.
The problem is, that it's impossible to create a statically linked version of
BibleTime 0.3x because it uses KDE2 which uses loading shared libs at runtime.

IMHO we should put BibleTime 0.25 in the file bibletimebase.tar.gz and put a
small not into the setup program, that the users should not install BibleTime
with the Setup program if they want to use BIbleTime for KDE2.
Or is it possible to give them the choice to install the statically version
or a fitting RPM package?

I thought bibletimebase should contain the binary, I'll correct it and copy
the binary to bin/x86/

> 	-Troy.

Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.