[bt-devel] save search anlaysis - updated

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:07:59 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hey Mark,
>

>>I think I've gotten most of these changes checked in.  Please feel free
>>to take a look and give some feedback if you have a chance!
>>

> I couldn't yet, but I will do later.
>

>>- more detail on the scope.
>>- if scope is used, only listing those books in the output html from
>>within the scope (might be a good idea on the search analysis results
>>gui also).
>>

> Yes! Please do that. Very reasonable.
>
> Martin

I figured a little discussion might help this along.  To me the way to
limit the books on the output html page it to get a list of the books
that were within the scope.  Then iterate through that list when
building the page.

Currently, the code is using the CSwordVerseKey class (starting with
Genesis 1:1), and calling NextBook until it runs out of books.

My initial thought was to get the scope (in the form of a list of
verses) possibly from the CSwordModuleSearch class (would have to be
modified to return the scope), then use that list to identify the books
in question. I don't see a class which takes a list of verses and will
iterate through the books like the CSwordVerseKey does though. Is there
such a tool available?  One option is to go through each verse and
compare the book to the previous, but i think that is less than desired.

Any insights/thoughts/bashing, etc regarding this.  I'm most likely
missing the obvious on this.