[bt-devel] Docbook - entity question

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:50:49 -0500

I have not done this yet, and need some opinions, Probably from the
translators.

Would making application names and other such items that should not be
translated be make entities?  I wounder if this would stop kbable from
attempting to translate the application name "sword" to the german
equivelant of "war knife".  Sorry I don't remember the exact german
words here.

examples can be found in the general.entities file in our case the
entities would be added to the index.docbook file so the problem might
still exist at that point.

the statement would be somthing like

<!ENTITY sword     "<application>Sword</application>">
<!ENTITY bibletime "<application>BibleTime</application>">
the usage would be somthing like

text text sword; text text
text text bibletime; text text

Fred Saalbach