[bt-devel] latest deb

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:16:53 +0200

Hi!

> I had a couple of problems building which are fixed in the attached
> patch (which also includes the files needed for building the deb).
> The problems happened if you try and do
> make install DESTDIR=blah
> it doesn't always try to install things in $(DESTDIR)
>
> unfixed problems:
> The documentation still installs to $(kde_htmldir) instead of
> $(DESTDIR)$(kde_htmldir)

This should also be possible with "make prefix=blah install" or with
"./configure --prefix=blah; make; make install". But I think you know more
about this and why DESTDIR is better.

I added noe the usage pf $(DESTDIR) in HEAD and the 1.0.x branch so the fix
will be in 1.0.2.

> The tips databases are installed compressed so bibletime can't read
> them (I only just noticed this so I don't know why).

This is strange!
What type of compression are they? I think we do not compress them.

Joachim