[bt-devel] Bibletime CVS behavior at startup

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:07:55 +0200

Hi!

> > Again these daily tip and Helpdialog problems :(
> > What is the value of $KDEDIRS and $KDEDIR?
>
> I did not set either of these when I compiled bibletime under the theory
> that if KDE can find the $KDEDIRS and $KDEDIR files then so should the
> compiler.  The compile ran to a successful end.
>
> kdebase-devel header files are located in /usr/include
> kdesupport-devel most header files are located in /usr/include/mimelib
> libqt2 is located at /usr/lib   and at /usr/lib/libqt
> libqt2-devel is located at /usr/lib/qt2/include, and /usr/bin

Looks correct. But I'm not sure if it's correct to install KDE2 apps in
/usr/local while KDE is in /usr.

AFAIK KDE2 apps shopuld be installed in in $KDEDIRS, so they are in the same
base directory as the libraries of KDE2. But I'm not sure if this is right.

Your configuration looks like you have to set $KDEDIRS to /usr .

> I hope these are of some use.
> I will wait for a response before I update the CVS

Joachim