[bt-devel] rpm

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:57:42 +0200

> for the current betas of bibletime the sword rpm's are required. I have not
> yet compiled them in as static. And they also require the current cvs of
> sword which is why they are there.
>
> If you would like in the next set I will compile it in static.

I guess you are sure. AFAIK, if you leave the Makefile.cfg of sword cvs
untouched, only a static lib (libsword.a) will be created. If you then
compile bibletime, sword will be statically linked. Thats why the rpms would
not depend on sword except the modules.
That is the way we should go in future concerning the rpms.
For those compiling bibletime themselves we should supply a
bibletime.x.tar.gz and a sword.x.tar.gz.
What would source rpms be good for?

Please excuse me if I'm asking very simple questions, but I am still learning
and some others on this list may be too. Thanks for your patience.

Martin