[bt-devel] icons + etc

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:52:07 +0200

Hi!

> Joachim,
>
> could you plese give some information about the system of icons we use?
> Which icon has to be where (hi/locolor, size)? Do icons have to be twice in
> the directory tree? If you want you could write a very short tutorial, I'd
> then add it to the sf docs. Maybe after 1.0.

Ok, adding this to the task tracker would be helpful.

> We should implement right-to-left support (hebrew) before 1.0 (should be
> extremely easy - i think qrichtext supports it). We could add a tag to the
> module config files. I just asked on sword-devel. Comments?

Adding the tag would be possible.
I have no idea from Hebrew: Shouldn't a whole chapter or only all single
verses be displayed bottom-to-top and left-to-right??
I'm not so sure if the ported version supports RTL (RTL painting is a special
QPainter feature in Qt3.0).
The KHTML widget is supporting RTL and all this stuff, but we have to stay
with QT3::QTextEdit because it has an editor and we rely on features of it.

> About fonts: The only font from the sword cd showing greek text (e.g.
> N27U4, with various accents) correctly is the TYPE 1 version of milan
> greek. TTF fonts do not display correctly here, even milan greek or
> bstgreek. But maybe I do something wrong. What to do? Users might get
> confused...

I'm using the bstgreek font here  and I think it's working, but as I said
before I have no idea of Greek or Hebrew. Does the screenshot on
www.bibletime.de look ok? I was using the bstgreek font as I took the shot.

> Martin

Joachim