[bt-devel] Startup shell script

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:21:24 -0400

I am running mandrake 7.2

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> What are the default values of $KDEDIR and $KDEDIRS before you start
> BibleTime or your script (while your KDE2 desktopis running)? Get the value
> with echo $KDEDIR and echo $KDEDIRS).

[fks00@localhost fks00]$ echo $KDEDIR
/usr
[fks00@localhost fks00]$ echo $KDEDIRS

[fks00@localhost fks00]$

I think that what this indicates is that KDE2 is installed but for most stuff
including the desk top is run from KDE1

> If you install BibleTime in your default directory given by $KDEDIRS it
> should work.

That is probably true but that is not where make puts it.
The script seems to make bibletime work OK, and does not disrupt anything
else.
It was just my thought that this might simplify launching bibletime for
systems not configured the same as yours.

Fred

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach