[bt-devel] uploading to sourceforge?

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:27:16 +0200

> > I think I just tried this but the instructions saud to upload using ftp
> > and when I ftp using my username and apssword it says incorect login.
>
> I think you have to upload to ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming/
> You can use the user anonymous with no password.

Looks like it worked now. Today somebody (perhaps Brook?) uploaded several
new files. The only problem about it is that you have created a new release
(bibletime1.0beta1) which was not necessary since we already have 1.0beta1.
I moved the files there, but I was unable to delete this release. Sourceforge
responded (changelog or notes too small or too large).
I guess this is because you uploaded files from the cvs into these fields,
and soureforge does maybe have a bug when handling too long fields. But maybe
I did something wrong.

Could you please try to delete this release (which does no longer contain any
files)?

Something else: Should we make all releases available for download in future?
(like 0.2, 0.3, 1.0, 1.1) This is possible but imo not useful. imo we should
only have the latest release for each kde version available (0.2, 1.1 etc).
What do you think?

Martin