[bt-devel] Scheduled release plan of BibleTime 1.0

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:03:08 +0200

Hi!

> > I decided that the translators should start their work on next monay.
> > They will have one month to finish their work.
>
> Do you think 1 month will be necessary?

Yes!
We need some additional time for bugfixing and the translators have much to
do (the messages, the handbook and the daily tips)!

> > The final release of 1.0 is scheduled for the 27th of May. Packages have
> > to be created between the 34th and 27th of May.
> > Is this release plan OK for you?
>
> The 34th? I assume the 24th.

Ok, the 24th :)

> Right now I am experimenting with the compile farm, so that I should be
> ready when it's needed. Could you give short instructions on how to create
> a binary rpm of bibletime? Is qt and kdelibs enough to compile?

Sword, Qt and KDE 2.x should be enough.
To create a binary execute these commands:

export KDEDIR=your KDE 2 dir
export QTDIR=your QT2 dir
cp bibletime-1.0.tar.gz /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/ (or what your RPM path is)
cp bibletime.spec /usr/src/packages/SPECS/ (or what your RPM path is)
cd /usr/src/packages/
rpm -bb SPECS/bibletime.spec

The binary will be in RPMS/ix86 (x = 3-6)

Joachim