[bt-devel] Documentation Update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:18:15 -0400

Martins mail
Stuff to do
17 April 01
  HANDBOOK
  -1.1 changes should point to the sourceforge changes page(a FEATURES
exists
  no longer)
I changed the link to the CVS change log.  I am not sure this is where
it should point.
I was going to add a link to the features list, but the filename has "&"
which
makes kdb2html error.  I had to take this back out.  I can link to the
index on
sourceforge.

   -1.2 set the link to the real bt sf project site
(sourceforge.net/projects/bibletime) Done

  -2. start command not Bibletime, but bibletime
Done
  -3.2 image missing
I think I already fixed this.

***
  -3.3.3 autoscrolling was replaced by parallel display and commentary
syncing
  -3.4.2.6 and 3.4.3.2 and 3.4.4 and 3.4.5 outdated images
  -3.5.1 and 3.5.2 cover context menus in search result, displayer (text
and
  versenumber); chapter exporting; html/plaintext exporting
  -3.5.2 rewrite - new printing system
These items were not fixed yet
***
  -4.1.2 image missing
Already fixed

  (-4.2 add images?)
  -4.3 update hotkeys

  INSTALLATION GUIDE
  -2.1 correct header (version)
I think you are referring to
Bibletime Version 1.0
I think it is best to leave it this way as we are trying to produce
the handbook for Bt V 1.0, it should not matter if the current issue
is 1.0pre as 1.0pre will probably be removed from the downloadable list
when
1.0 is actually issued.  I also don't think we should use 1.x as the
requirements might change.

  -requires kde 2.x not 2.0
Done

  -not sword 1.51a - new version (ask Joachim)
Changed to read "SWORD (latest CVS version at release of Bt)"

  -crosswire link name?
Changed link to
<ulink url="ftp://ftp.crosswire/pub/sword/source">
Link to sword sources</ulink>

  -5.2.2 take the cvs instructions from the bt sf site
  -5.3 link location (too general)
Now reads
<ulink url="http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1">please read the
site
documentation section on the Sourceforge CVS repository</ulink>

  HELPDIALOG
  -4.3 link to the crosswire copyright site, not bibletime.de
Changed to read
<ulink url="http://www.crosswire.org/sword/copyright/">Crosswire</ulink>
and
read the information on the effort to make copyrighted texts available
through
crosswire. This project needs your support.

I have not checked links to see if they work yet.  It late See you
tomorrow.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach