[bt-devel] Synchronizing -- also handbook update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:36:46 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi Fred!
> Thank you for the large update.
>
> The file hdbl_op_module_tree_select.html is missing.
> The first page (listing of the different parts (handbook, helpdialog ...)) is
> missing the Bible study Howto.

I will try to get to this tomorrow.  I updated some files last night and lost my
mail for a while until i figured out that it was a dependency problem.  RPMs are
not foolproof.  It is all on the *.dockbook files.

If anyone has comments on the content of the biblestudy how to, I will pass them
on to Bob Harman, but not for the next 3 weeks.

> > Added the Bibletime HowTo.  Please note this is released to us for
> > distribution with Bibletime, but the author is retaining the copyright.
> > Bob expressed two reasons for this, he wants to protect his right to
> > publish (hard copy) at some point in the future.
>
> This is ok. We do also have a copyright on our sourcecode.
> BTW, I do like the handbook. It's ok and if Martin has nothing against it we
> will include it.
>
> > Added something on printing and exporting.  As my printing from Bt is
> > broken at the moment, this how I think is is supposed to work, rather than
> > how it actually works.
>
> I decided to work on printing.
> At the moment we have a bad structure and printing of large text items
> doesn't work.
> I'll use Qt classes to format the text, as a side effect HTML is supported :

> > One problem, when proofing I had to print it from netscape, konqueror
> > crashed when I tried to print the longer files.  Probably a kde bug.
>
> This is strange!
> StarOffice can also print HTML files.

I don't like to use star office, I need to get more memory, so I can hold all of
star office in ram.  otherwise it is rather slow.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach