[bt-devel] Printing

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:39:01 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > > At the moment I'm thinking about printing.
> > >
> > > Should we implement printing which supports HTML tags in 1.0 or 1.1?
> > > This depends if it's a new feature or not.
> >
> > How complicated would it be?
>
> It's possible to use QSimpleRichText to draw the formatted text onto the
> printers canvas.
> But I'd have to revise all the printing stuff (CPrinter::printItem), and this
> wouild introduce bugs.
>
> IMHO we should wait untiil 1.1 and improve the printing system until we
> release 1.1.
> We do need functions to print text which does not depend on a key etc.
>
> Do you agree?

Lets make what we have work well, publish it and then go on to improvements.

Text without support of HTML tags is not really a bug, except to a layout
artist.  I would not expect Bibletime to prepair presentation graphics.  There
are other programs that the text can be imported into for that.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach