[bt-devel] BT 1.0 Documentation

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:50:13 +0200

Hi Fred!

> I think that the problem is related to hooking the verse.  I can't seem to
> get the hand to keep pointing  in the correct direction.  This might be
> qt-2.2.2 or KDE 2.0 rather than Bibletime.  If I should try another qt or
> KDE, let me know.
>
> Below is in the KJV of 1611
> When placed over a verse the hand points left.
> Left mouse over verse text changes it to the select arrow.
> Left mouse and drag selects text.
> Center mouse over verse text the hand points left.  Drag moves the hand,
> but does nothing else.
> Right mouse brings up the Bible presenter save - select all - print box.

> Place pointer over a verse number (in the text not the document key
> control), it still points left.
> Pointer over verse number, and left mouse, whole verse is selected.
> Pointer over verse number and center mouse, pointer changes to point up.  I
> think this is where I should be able to drag the verse to create a
> bookmark, but with the slightest movement (center mouse up or down) the
> pointer changes back to a hand pointing left.
> The verse number in the key control does not drag.

Tomorrow 1.0beta1 will be released. Time was too short today.
I think the problem you decsribed above was a bug I fixed some days ago.

Which version are you using? If you are not using beta1, could you test again
after I released it (will be announced on www.bibletime.de)?

> I will try to find all of the new things and fix the documentation, Make
> sure to let me know about stuff I miss before 1.0.

Ok.

> The text I have been working on is located in /en/Documents/HTML.  The help
> button is still pointed to /en/helpdialog.  I think changing this is mostly
> a makefile thing, so I will let you do it when you think it is time.  Also
> check to see that the help button calls the correct file.  It could be
> either hdbk_idx.html (handbook index) or  index.html (top level index for
> everything)

Which help button are you talking about?
The helpbrowser of KDE2 or the "Help->Contents" menu item in BibleTime?

> > I do really like your work, Fred!
> > You and Martin are real succours for me!
> > Please apologize if the time you spend on BibleTime stresses you, but we
> > are working almost 7 months on 1.0.
>
> Actually this work does not create stress.  It is more like working a
> puzzle.

I'm glad to hear this.

> > I think we all should take a break after the final release of 1.0.
> > After my 19th birthday (2nd of June this year) I have less time because I
> > have to learn for my school leaving examination.
>
> I hope you do well, my two son's (16) will be facing this in a few years.
> So my wife and I have to think about how to direct them.

My school leaving examination is around the beginning of 2002, so I don't
have to spend all the time with learning for it.
But I'll have much less time.

> It is likely that you have already done some of the things i note above.  I
> see that en/helpdialog is now cleaned out.  I just removed the unneeded
> files from the extra copy of /Documents/common -- all of my pictures are in
> /Documents/HTML/common.

Joachim