[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: SWORD

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:46:50 GMT

Joachim Ansorg writes:

> > In case of using bible time with text that are not bible related, the
> > primary goal of presenting the scriptures is still possible as the "tip
> > of the day" starts the users session with scripture quotation.  That was
> > a very good idea.
>
> BTW, could somebody on this list please create a new list?
> Since we suport now HTML in the tips (even images) much more is possible.
> Volunteers?

Since I have been useless so far in code writing for so long, I could work
on a new tips list (in English).

For guidelines, I would suggest that I do the following:

1) For scripture quotations, I will use only translations that are freely
distributed with Sword.

2) The goal will be about 60% tips on use, and 40% Christian content.

3) I will include a few entries concerning the need to contact copyright
holders, etc to increase the number of modules available for Sword and
BibleTime.  I will consider putting a seperate entry for each copyright
holder for English translations.  Any translators can include information
on their language modules...

Are there any other suggestions?

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...