[bt-devel] bug

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:57:24 +0000

Hi Martin!

> Hi Joachim,
>
> how was your exam?

Only two tasks but each task (=Aufgabe :) had ~6 sub tasks.
The teacher used "Abituraufageb" (sorry, but I'm missing the translation) for
the exam.
I solved both tasks but I had to do it fast and we got additional 20 minutes
for the exam, otherwise I'd be impossible for me to completet it.
But I'm not sure If everything is right because I had no time to check it.

I'm glad that my brother wrote everything down for his school leaving
examination and that he's so good :)
You and my brother are a real source of help!

> Yes, the backend needs some cleaning and IMO some simplification.
> Let us talk about it when you're around.

Ok, I'll wait with the backend stuff until I visit you.

> My first thoughts: simplify the CModuleInfo Methods, maybe introduce a
> CModuleInfoConfig object to separate the config info from the text related
> functions.
>
> Delete CKeyChain and ListCkeyChain, they are not really necessary.
> Their place would be filled by 3 methods in CModuleInfo:
>
> QStringList getBookList()
> ->chaches the result
> ->opening of lexicon presenters is speeded up
>
> int getChapters(QString book)
> ->will compute the result when needed (no caching)
> ->links to a sword function
>
> int getVerses(QString book, int chapter)
> ->see above

Your ideas are good!

> Martin
--Joachim