[bt-devel] Some questions

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:50:11 +0100 (MET)

> > The question is now: How should the lookups be done?
> > 	-Open a new presenter with the word displayed
> > 	-Open a popup
> > 	-what else?
>
> Emit a signal with the word. the lexicon presenters get a button
> "autolookup".
> every open presenter with autolookup on will look up the word.

Hm, IMHO this is bad because:
  -Not everytime a lexcikon presenter is open
  -It's bad to let the action (the lookup) take place on a  different
place

IMHO we should define a standard lexicon, bible and commentary where the
keys and words are looked up.
If the word is clicked open the standard lexicon, if it's already open
change the key of it.
OK?

> > What do you think?
>
> Honest: too many bugs still in to start with this work.

For me almost everything is working.

> > And: How shiuld autoscrolling be managed? In  tables or as we did it
> > before?
>
> IMO as we did before, with a autoscroll button.

Hm, this was a bad implementation. It was almost impossible to scrooll the
keys side by side (only the keys scrolled to the top are recognized).
BibleWorkshop was cool with this AFAIK.

> Martin
> >
> > Please reply!
> > --Joachim