[bt-devel] backend

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:05:52 +0100

Hi Troy,

> key.Book(key.Book()+1);
>
> or Chapter
> or -1
How can we handle this with SWKeys? Is there a similar function?
I tried Index(Index()+1), but it doesn't work.
BTW, what are the ++,--,=+,=- operators for in SWKey and VerseKey?

Thank you for the above easy and good solution.
You see my problem is that I do not know the sword api well.
IMO it is not so easy for not so well experienced programmers to learn the
api by reading the header files.
Now my suggestion: you see the api in bibletime. (in bibletime-2/api)
It was created by kdoc using the comments in the header files, which have a
special layout.
It seems easy to me to change the existing comments in the sword headers to
this format and adding new comments, so that every public function would be
documented in a nice way. kdoc creates a directory structure of nice linked
html pages, making it easy especially for beginners to get accustomed with
the api. You can even make it available on the net.

That would be a great help for me and for others.
Let me know if you're interested and if we can/should help.
Joachim knows the syntax very well.

Martin