[bt-devel] The percent bug is back!

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:39:12 +0000

Hi!

I made now the percent bard working and noticed that the bug is back!

Troy, here's a description how to reproduce it:

	-Install BBE (if not already done :)
	-Use the Sword utility "mkfastmod" to create a search index for it
("mkfstmod BBE")
	-Compile latest BibleTime CVS (requires final KDE2 (now for every ;))
	-Click with the right mouse button on the BBE item and choose "Search in
module(s)..."
	-Now enter as search text "Jesus" and click on the search button

->The bar's displaying numbers from 0-100, but have a look at the debug
output, it shows you that negative values are computed by Sword.

Does this help?

I tested it with a changed version of the search example of Sword (removed
the check for line lnegth), it WORKS there correctly!!
What's going on wrong in BibleTime? We use a thread to start the search
function, maybe Sword is not threads safe??
I have no idea.
--Joachim