[bt-devel] Font management

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:41:35 +0100

Hi Joachim,

> I'm thinking about font management.
> Should we ship Type1 versions of the Windows-TTF fonts

Yes.

> and register the Type1 versions on startup of BibleTime?

Maybe also the ttf fonts, xfree 4.0 supports them IMO.

No, because the fonts wuld only be available within bt then. What if a user
wanted to copy something to another editor where the greek font (e.g.) is not
avaiable? Users will have to install the fonts onto the system.

> Or should we use the dialog to set the fonts for the modules?

Maybe not, if the fonts are avaiable it is not necessary.

Martin