[bt-devel] Thoughts about the Win port and misc things

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:52:46 -0500

I currently have SuSE 6.3 and Mandrake 7.1 installed.  Both have significant
configuration issues on my hardware (SuSE keeps loosing the ability to print, and
Mandrake refuses to properly configure my sound and scsi cards) and neither supports
bibletime 0.3 as they use the previous versions of KDE and Qt.

I expect to get a copy of mandrake 7.2 shortly (perhaps next month) and will then see
how things work.

I think that it is a bit premature to try to port to windows.  I think that it would be
better to focus on Linux / Unix first and get the package ready for general use (that
is to the point where it is out of beta testing).  Then if there appears to be a need
to port it to windows the port can be made to a fully functioning program.  This should
be easier than porting a program that still has some bugs being worked out.