[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: Cross plattform makefiles

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:46:21 +0000

I asked this on the Qt development mailig list.

--Joachim

Subject: Re: Cross plattform makefiles
Date: 07 Nov 2000 10:53:07 +0100
From: Jo Uthus <jou@trustix.com>
To: jansorg@gmx.de

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
| I'm thinking about porting my Linux Qt application to Windows.
| The program does use the auto*-tools at this time.
| What compilers can I use together with Qt on windows?

Visual C++, Borland C++

| Does cygwin work?

We've tried the approach of using cygwin-32, but not supporting OLE
(drag'n'drop) with this compiler changed our decision. for compiler
usage.

| Can I still use the autotools on Windows?

We went for the Visual C++ compiler and we manually create
projectfiles and generate makefiles for both *NIX and Windows
environments.

Being able to work (implement) under Linux and debug in MS Windows is
great, and not to mention automating builds from CVS in the Windows
environment beats starting up the MSVC IDE and press the
"compile"-button after doing a manual CVS checkout.

--
Jo Uthus,
trustix.com