[bt-devel] more ideas

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:16:23 +0200

Am Son, 28 Mai 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Jeff!
>
> You wrote on Sam, 27 Mai 2000:
> >Hi all!
> >Here's another suggestion for Bibletime:
>
> I know you have lots of them :-)
>
> >Right now we can drag and drop verses on other presenters.  What would
> >be neat is if we could do that with HIGHLIGHTED WORDS.  If you
>
> On other presenters ? AFAIK only on other modules in the tree so new
> presenters are opened.

I like this. I try to implement DND so that you can drag almost everything
everywhere. Also into presenters.

> >highlighted a word and dragged it to a Bible presenter it would
> >automatically bring up the search dialog and search for that word in
> >that particular Bible.  If you dragged it to a lexicon it would bring up
> >that word in the lexicon.

Right.

> Hmm, I think you are talking about dropping normal text on modules in the
> groupmanager. I think that's too confusing for normal users (Jeff, you are
> not normal. You are our source of features ;-) , why not open the
> searchdialog if the user pressed a addiotional key while dropping (e.g.
> CTRL or SHIFT) ?
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jeff, you are so fast inventing features, but we are not so fast
> implementing them. But please continue ...

YES!

Question to all of you: what are we going to drag around in BT?
Right now i see:
1. Bible references
2. Strongnumbers
3. Normal text
Please write what else we could need. I need that for the QTextDrag
sub-mimetypes.

thank you.

Martin