[bt-devel] DnD manager

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:16:42 +0200

Hi Joachim,

Am Sam, 27 Mai 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Martin!
>
> I saw your files in CVS!
> Really cool!
>
> One thing I noticed:
>
> The Drag&Drop manager uses CBiblePresenter. But to have a general structure
> we should use CModuleInfo, the class which is inherited by all presenters.
>
> Whow do you handle a CGroupManager widget?
>
> An idea: Why not use QWIdget to have it most general, and use for example
> if (widget->inherits("CBiblePresenter")) to see if it's a BIblePresenter
> etc.
> This is a more general approach.
>
> Opinions?
> Or do you have better ideas?

This is not really a general approach. I want to use the overloaded functions
because every widget reacts differently towars different drags. If we need a
new widget, we just add the corresponding functions. This is a less buggy way
to do it.

But thats only my opinion.

> Thanks for your work!
> Very good to have a new developer on the list!
>
> BTW, Jeff had the same problem as you have (setCipherKey() was unknown).
> This function was added recently to SWORD. Please update your SWORD 1.51pre
> CVS snapshot!

Do I have to do something else than cvs checkout sword?

Martin