[bt-devel] Bug in Backend?

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 25 May 2000 21:33:34 +0000

Hi Martin!

>Hi,
>
>I'm not quite sure if I am right. But if I perform a search and see the
>results, the found verses are previewed correctly, only they all are said to
>be 1 Moses 1:1. Try it! Is this a backend problem or is it somwhere in the
>searchdialog?

Oh!
This is probably a Backend problem. Some time ago I implemented a operator = in CSearchResultItem.
I'll have a look at it.

>Something else: I have to disable line 145 in bibletime_init.cpp, otherwise
>bt won't start. My fault?

Could you please quote the lines? It's hard to find if I change things myself.

>And I have to disable another line with the setCipherKey() function. I am
>using recent sword cvs. What should I do?

Please quote it ;-)
I implement the things so they work for me but if it doesn't work for you complain ;-)

>What are debug() and warning() and CHECK_PTR() good for?

debug() outputs a debugging message on the console. It's a macro defined by QT.
warning() outputs a warning message on the console. it's defined by QT , too.
debug() and warning() are really useful functions, with their helpa program is easier to debug.

CHECK_PTR() checks a pointer if the pointer is not zero. You know:
If you access a NULL pointer the program will crash.
If the pointer is zero a warning message will be outputed.

e.g.:

QWidget* widget = 0;
CHECK_PTR(widget);
debug("Now I'll call widget->setCaption() in CLASS::SOME_FUNCTION");
widget->setCaption( "Function call to demonstare null pointers" );

>Thank you!

Please!

>Martin
-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de