[bt-devel] SWORD CD

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 23 May 2000 22:32:55 +0000

Hi!

>I'm doing a current cvsup of kde2 right now. So I'll be compiling this
>for the first time on my system. I figured if I'm going to do this I
>might as well compile it so that I can do bibletime .3 as a static. Do
>you have any pointers on how to do this? Maybe if I can get it all done
>we can put it on the cd.

Cool!

A binary would be very good!
But a problem is the filesize! A static QT is arounf 8 MB fat!

To compile QT2 as static lib: run configure of QT2 with the option -static, this will create a static lib.

Run configure of KDE2 libs with the option --with-static

e.g.
./configure --enable-static --<perhaps other options>

BibleTime should be compiled with the -Wl,static option.
I'll send you a modified Makefile.am for this purpose if you compiled KDE2 and QT2 as static libs.

Thanks for everything!
--Joachim

A source tar.gz could be created using "make dist" in the source directory of latest CVS.
But as I saif before, this should be done in the last days before finalizing the CD!

Thanks!
--Joachim