[bt-devel] LOGO proposal

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:42:03 GMT

Joachim Ansorg writes:

> Hi!
>
> Some time ago I promised to create a logo for the SWORD project.
>
> My brother had to to a arts project for school and created a SWORD logo. I really like it.
>
> See a pre-release of the logo at http://www.bibletime.de/images/sword-logo.jpg
>
> Please comment on the picture (likes / dislikes).

Well, you asked for it...

Overall, I like the image, but I would change a few things, mostly personal
taste.

First, I like the laptop color/texture.  It is unlike anything I have ever
seen, but it is attractive.

I would make the sword a little more realistic by making the handle and
hand guard different materials than the blade.

I would do something different with the area over the laptop screen where
it looks like a black shadow by color, but placement makes it obvious that
it is part of the cover.

The shadows are also a little dark, so I would experiment with lighting a
bit more, or maybe tweaking the ambiance of the various surfaces.

Depending on the amount of time available, I would also consider spending
some time on the keyboard.  It looks good, but it looks like it is either
using a scanned image, or cubes instead of real key shapes.  It looks kind
of 2 dimensional.

I would like to see what could be done with the idea of adding a Bible
sitting on the table, perhaps under the tip of the sword...

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...